Personal Trainer SCV | TamiLindahl.com | Apple a Day | Scene in SCV
An Apple a Day….. www.TamiLindahl.com
Apples are in season now and we’ve all heard the saying “an apple a day helps keep the doctor away”. Is this just some cliché that has been passed down through the years or is there something to this?
• They can aid you in your weight loss goals because the polyphenols in apples help regulate fat. They also help with weight management because the pectin in apples helps the body’s need for insulin which is your “fat storage” hormone.
• They are low in calories (about 75) low glycemic (about 40 –anything under 55 is good) and high in fiber (about 3 grams- you should have about 30 a day) and have no “bad” fat… well any fat for that matter.
• Help reduce bad cholesterol. • Prevents certain cancers like liver, colon, breast an lung. • Bone protection. Helps post menopausal women from osteoporosis and can help improve bone density.
• The quercetin in apples helps protect brain cells from Alzheimer’s.
• The have an anti inflammatory effect on the body.
• They can satisfy a sweet tooth, and with apples you tend not to over eat them, like you would cookies! When was the last time you ate an entire bag of apples? Can you say that about a box of chocolates?
As you can see, apples have so many benefits, not just for weight management but for over all health. So instead of a snickers bar this afternoon, reach for an apple, you’ll be glad you did!! For more info in personal training or weight loss coaching go to www.TamiLindahl.com
Tami LindahlShare article: